“…barn equipped with everything we needed… amazing setting. Will definitely return.”
– Lynn, Google.
‘The Barden Bunk Barn is as its name suggests. A converted barn (in fact two adjoining barns) converted into self catering accommodation sleeping up to 20. We are not absolutely certain when the barns were built, (they were originally used as stables and storage for the Barden Tower during the middle ages – you can still see the stable latches on the doors and windows) but likely to be the 16th century. The stone walls and timber beams provide a real historical feel and you certainly know it was built to last.
The barn is well equipped to meet all of your requirements – but it is more than that. It is a fantastic space to put your feet up after your long walk in the stunning nearby countryside; an ideal setting for opening that bottle of white you have been meaning to for a while and sitting in either of our outdoor spaces, listening to the large variety of birds on site or conjuring up a feast (and mock bar…) to enjoy your friends and family’s company!
The barn consists of:
- a large community area with three dining tables, a full kitchen with two fridges (plenty of space for all of your food… and drink!), a freezer, cookers, microwave and all the utensils you should require (and if short of anything the restaurant is next door…) and a free to play pool table.
- a relaxing area on the mezzanine with couches, chairs, coffee tables, DVD and CD players with a selection of DVD/CD’s. Some board games, reading materials and leaflets. Great for having some chilled out time after your days activities.
- Two bedrooms of 4, one of which has a double bed.
- Two bedrooms of 6.
- Separate ladies and gents washrooms with two showers in each.
- Fully centrally heated with mobile oil heaters when the weather turns really cold.
- two great outside seating areas including an enclosed courtyard with a stone-built BBQ and serving area.
- Parking in front of the barn for 6 cars.
Key things to know for your stay:
The closest supermarkets are just fifteen minutes over the moor in Skipton, here you will find several major brands from M&S Food, Aldi, Tesco and Morrisons. You can also get deliveries to the Barn.
What do you need to bring with you?
We provide the essentials (yes – mainly the fridges and bottle opener…), so all that you need to bring is the fun stuff: food, drink, your personal washing kit, clothes (best not forget them!) and spare towels if you prefer.
Do you need any further information or would you like to discuss your plans with us?